Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fairbairn/Elliot/Irwin conundrum

Has anyone advanced their research on finding where the little cluster of ELLIOT and IRWIN close DNA matches to the haplogroup I FAIRBAIRNs comes from?
Some of the known information is documented/linked to on the supplementary project pages, http://dnasurnames.info/spFAIRBAIRNLineages.htm
where there's a page about the ELLIOT(T) matches.
As  each DNA project at FamilyTreeDNA now has the capability for a message group for that project, why not check it out and add your theories/thoughts/research to the thread on this conundrum there.
Pool your knowledge, never know what you'll learn.
https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/fairbairn/activity-feed
You have to be logged in to your kit to post/view the activity feed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a descendant of William John Fairbairn from Edinburgh, died 1890. His descendants were all born out in Brazil. I he is my grandmother's great grandfather. My grandmother was also born out in Brazil but has since returned to Scotland to be closer to her roots. I am researching her family tree. I would appreciate any info you have about that specific line, or I'm happy to contribute what I know. Are you still doing the DNA project? Do you still need DNA from that line? I'm not sure what was the best way to get in touch but I couldn't find a contact page on your website. So hope this finds you, even though this post is a year old! Cheers, Moira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay, I've only just noticed there was a comment waiting.
      There are contact links in the footer of every page of the web site(s) Moira
      As you have left no contact details for me, I can't contact you!
      Always want DNA from Fairbairn lines.
      I believe William John is the son of Peter married Mary Ann FORREST, son of the Schoolmaster William, so the line of John and Helen (ANDERSON) FAIRBAIRN

      Delete